From the November 1975 issue of SKIING Magazine:
The Complete Ski Wardrobe
1 pair thin liner socks
1 pair thermal or wool socks
1 pair liner gloves
1 pair insulated ski gloves or mittens
1 pair thermal underwear (top and bottom)
2 lightweight turtlenecks
1 ski sweater
1 insulated ski parka
1 pair stretch pants
1 pair insulated pants or overalls
1 warm hat (that covers the ears)
1 pair of ski goggles
1 down-filled vest (for spring or western skiing)
1 protective skin cream
Additonally, a few tips on putting your ski wardrobe together:
- Keeping dry is essential; a water-repellent or water-proof parka is a must. If its rainy, wear a rain shell or poncho and pants.
- Try “layering” with light-weight clothing to keep warm. Start with thermal underwear; add a soft, thin turtleneck, then a wind shirt, next a sweater, and then a parka.
- Layer your hands and feet as well.
- Wool makes an excellent insulator next to skin.
- Fishnet underwear is another excellent insulator. It creates warm air pockets next to the skin.